Wednesday 23 May 2012

Good friends are hard to find

Sometime back, I saw a blog about I Wish I had a Best friend.  This blogger mentioned how when she feels that she has met her sister/soul mate, it turns out that they only want her to do babysitting jobs, running errands, etc.  Lately, this is how I feel about the friendships I have developed.  


When I  moved to another suburb, friends from the old suburb no longer keep in contact on the basis that I am too far away.  When I thought I have met some new friends, it feels like the friendship must be based on their terms. To a certain extent, I kind of feel like an Ah Mah to them.  I am OK and good to be used for reliable stuff but being counted out for social stuff.  Sometimes I cant help thinking is it because I am a single mother so I dont fall in the league for social gatherings but I am in the league to be counted on to babysit and doing responsible stuff.  


But vice versa, if I ask for help for my situation, I get shoved aside because they are all too busy with their life to feel how I feel.  


Guess note to self is to find a genuine friendship rather than one that is one-sided.  I also cannot help it but find that people are so self-centered and critical nowadays.  Just when I also thought I meet someone I can relate to, I find the person to be so full of their own ways and cannot accept other people for who they are.  


As for now, I know the friendship between my son and I are genuine so he is everything to me and perfect to me.  So I do not feel guilty for putting my son first above anything and to defend my son over criticism and unfair treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment