Friday 4 May 2012

Hurt

I struggle to find a Title for my post.  I am feeling a mixture of emotion.  When I handed my son over yesterday, he was still OK but received a call last night, 3 hours after I handed my son over to say that my son is sick.  First it was surprise to know that in 3 hours, he fell sick and then it was anger because I cant be there to hold my sick child.  With my anger and all emotions still seething, I got a call from a friend.  Another single mother whose child didnt want to go to dad's for the weekend but she has already made plans so was asked to babysit.  


That stirred up even more anger in me.   Can the law makers, psychologist see what they are doing to our kids by FORCING them to live out of a knapsack?  I see the emphasis is EQUAL time with  both parents are considered GOOD for the child's psychology.  Please have some basis on that.  As far as I can see, EQUAL time makes the child feels unwanted, unloved.   It's quality time that matters, not Equal time.  A child is not a possession that can be split equally.  


Since I open up, I have heard so many children saying the same thing - DREAD the sleepover at dad's.  The older ones feel that it restricts their activities with their friends.  They cant do things or they feel embarrassed when they have to tell their friends that they cant do something this weekend because they are over at dad's.  The younger ones like stability.  They want someone to cuddle them to sleep and dad/men are usually not the type to cuddle a child to sleep.  Nevertheless of the reasons, this is not working.  The one that is suffering are the children. 


Dear lawmakers, psychologist and those people who judges  based on their perception, have you seen a child cry and hide under a bed because the weekend is coming?  Have you seen a child asking you to hide them because the weekend is coming?  Have you seen a child's telling white lies to see whether you love them and will save them?  Have you seen a child getting all anxious when they see you pack their bags?  Have you seen a child filled with so much anger that they hate both the parents and it is all the doing of the law and society?  


I have heard some of these horror stories, witness some of these myself and experienced some of this myself.  Do you know how painful it is for us?  I feel so angry and hurt and betrayed that I am no longer going to be politically correct.  To those of you who has resulted in my child in this fate and to those who judged me based on your own perception, I know with all my heart the same will happen to your children and marriage.  Judge your fellow brethen and you will also be judged or experience the pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment