Saturday 7 April 2012

A Simple Life

I saw in my FB newsfeed today a post about this movie called A Simple Life.  I clicked on the trailer. Just watching the trailer, I cried.  I have a mixture of emotions watching that.  I feel sad, I feel angry but I also feel that I have strong Asian roots in me.  This is probably the main reason why I know NZ will never be my home. The culture is too vast different from what I am used to, from the way we behave to the way we talk, to the way we respect.  Even the way we feel as a mother is so different between someone with an Asian upbringing to someone with a western upbringing.  The way we show love is also so different.  Here is the trailer...  I wish that I could watch this movie somehow.  More importantly, I wish my son would understand this movie...understand how much his Asian mother loves him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment