Thursday 13 September 2012

Double Standard Practice

On Tuesday (11/9/2012), Close Up New Zealand ran  a story about child support.  It featured two Kiwi women who are  complaining that they are owed $30k in child support from their ex-husband in Australia.  There was not much focus on the second woman but the first one Tania Webby said that she moved back to NZ from Australia and has not been paid child support.  The story said "Tania moved back to NZ for family support". When Close Up team rang her ex-husband in Australia, he said he doesnt believe her owes her $30k in child support.  He believes he only owes her $8k because "she lives only 10 minutes away from me but she decided to f**k off to NZ, leaving me with no contact with my son.  So she can f**k off with her child support".  

My comment -  Why is NZ Government responding to her plea for child support instead of sending her back to Australia to get a fair trial in child custody?  As far as I know, NZ and Australia practiced the same Care of Children Act which is shared parenting.  It seems to me, when their own citizen women 'abduct' their child back to NZ for family support, it is OK.  It is not considered abduction.  But for a non-Kiwi woman like me who wants to return to Malaysia for family support, I am considered BAD because I am taking the child away from the father.  I am dragged through a load of court process draining me off financially as well as emotionally.  What a load of DOUBLE STANDARD!  

As for the NZ Government, I thought they do not deal with individual cases but why are they responding to Tania and Monique case?  From watching Close Up, it looks to me that Tania and Monique are living rather comfortably in a rather big house.  

Lastly, I was intending to include the video clip in this blog but when I went to Close Up video, the video has been taken off their website! 

Forget to add, at least a Malaysian woman like me has more decency because I offered that I DO NOT want any child support if I am allowed to go home to Malaysia.  I cannot believe these women want their cake and eat it too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment