Wednesday 28 March 2012

Inhibitions

After taking a long break, I am back.  With Easter round the corner, I have been busy with church and attending Parish Feast Day.  (and of course learning about Herbalife!)


During the Parish Feast Day, I realised there is such a major food wastage everywhere in the world.  Food is being provided and it seems to be human nature that we do not eat the last morsel on the table as a sign of respect to other people.  But one spoon here and there actually amounts to a lot of food.  I gathered up all the one spoons here and there into my plate and it actually filled up the whole plate!  Haha! Almost felt like Jesus' parable about the 2 fish and 5 loaves feeding the multitude.  


If my ex-husband had been with me, he will be so embarrassed with my collecting all the leftovers to eat but I really couldnt care less anymore.  I am appalled to see people have the attitude "It's only one spoon, I cant take it home".  But one spoon + one spoon + one spoon = lots of spoonful!  


Sometimes I find that we spend too much time worrying how people look at us rather than really do what we want.  I am labelled church mouse but I see it as I am not wasting God's given food to us.  


I used to be one of those that has so much inhibitions and I have to admit that I still do have some but my son has taught me not to feel like this anymore.  Just do what I want as long as my conscience is clear.  If I strongly believe in not wasting food, I will not let comments like 'she eats a lot' stop me.  If I feel that between the age of 1-5 is the only time my son can have freedom, I will not let others make me feel that I am wrong.  Honestly, if you think about it, the only time a human can have total freedom with no responsibility and commitment is the first 5 years of their life.  When school starts, their life is bounded by schedule, exams, etc and then it's work for the rest of the life.  So if he can have the freedom now and maybe slack behind his peers in terms of his ABC or writing, I believe he will catch up.  But at least he has a full carefree childhood. 


Yeah, and I am still criticising the system so I wish I can be the lawmaker and change the entire system in tis world.  A system where there is more respect rather than opinion and rights.  



No comments:

Post a Comment