Sunday 12 February 2012

Dragon? Dog? - Perception & Personality

My mum sent me this photo taken by my uncle.  She said my uncle felt blessed that he saw a dragon on the first day of Chinese New Year.  My mum sent it saying how lucky of my uncle.  Need to buy numbers.  As for me, since my mum says it is a dragon, I try to see a dragon but my initial thought was A Dog!  And a dog that is running too.  But of course, if I force myself to see a dragon, I can convince myself, I can see a dragon.  


The next morning, I asked my son what can he see.  He says A Dog, Mama!  When I asked him what is the dog doing?  He said the dog is running.  


Now, that got me thinking.  My mum's personality is to agree and she says she sees a dragon because my uncle said that it is a dragon.  She does not question and even if she thinks differently, she convinces herself it is dragon.  


As for me, I think I see the world like a child.  I see a dog and take it as it is.  Just because my mother and my uncle sees it as a dragon, I dont have to force myself to see it the same way.  My personality is simple and straightforward.  Say what I feel and act how I feel.  I guess just like a child.  


This does not indicate my son and I share the same thinking.  It just shows I see the world from a child's perspective.  Everything is either black or white... the grey area confuses me just like uncertainty confuses a child...  I get hurt easily...I guess I am also quite anti-establishment (like a child!)  


Dragon? Dog? Or something else?



No comments:

Post a Comment