Sunday 12 February 2012

The Vow

My friend  me out to watch The Vow as a way to cheer me up.  It is a sweet romantic comedy but as my mind is not in the right frame, I couldnt get myself to laugh.  Instead it affirms what I feel about my first article Love is A Decision (here). 


The Vow is based on a true story and they showed the actual couple at the end of the movie.  It is about this woman Paige who was involved in a car accident and suffered brain trauma.  As a result, she suffers from memory loss and couldnt remember her husband.  Her husband has to start all over again in trying to get her to love him...


My perception is, if love is really a feeling instead of a conscious decision, she would still have the feelings she felt for her husband as she did not lose her sense of feelings!  She lost her memory for the past 5 years, those years that she met and married her husband.  So it means when she lost that memory, she lost the conscious decision she make when she decided to fall in love with him and commit to him.  


So when someone walks out in a divorce, it is a conscious decision to walk out.  It is not because he has lost the feeling.  He make the conscious decision to walk out and away.  The conscious decision to hurt and destroy.  And of course, how could I not 'curse' the law since it is eating me alive!  The law then allows this conscious  decision to take place and protect that decision to hurt and destroy by allowing it to happen to the child.  Why is it considered a bad father to physically abuse the child but it is considered an acceptable behavior to mentally abuse the child and the mother?  


Just for argument sake, if someone who asked for divorce suddenly suffers from a brain trauma and forget everything except back to the days when everything is a bed of roses, what happens?...



No comments:

Post a Comment