Thursday 16 February 2012

From a child's perspective

Those of you who read my blog will know that I am fighting for NO overnight stay but just take the child out for play, parks, lunch etc.  Somehow today, someone sent me the link to Liz Library which I have posted some of the facts/studies.  But I just came across this.  Reading this got me crying. I feel exactly like this child if I have to be subjected to such a lifestyle.  I was sort of in this arrangement of living as a kid and it affected me even though it is not a divorce.  I do hope all man out there will read this and advice your other divorced men friends...

A child's perspective of shared parenting:
"I will NEVER forgive"

"I am the result of shared parenting. It was enforced because my parents were told it was the normal arrangement when they divorced when I was 12.
I spent every second weekend (far from the disgusting 50/50 arrangements some poor children are forced into) travelling for three hours around trip to spend time with my Dad.
"I am left with an anxiety disorder and I will NEVER forgive my father for pushing his desire to see me over my need for consistency and a normal life.
"I was never able to make "best" friends because I was never around! With one week on and one weekend off I could never be counted on by my friends. Sleepovers were impossible. I travelled for hours to see my father, away from my extra curricular activities while his life barely changed at all. I missed hours and hours of ballet lessons, outings with friends, church and so on.
"All this was done after a violence free relationship and fairly amicable split by my parents. The fathers in Australia can look forward to their children HATING them for what they've done.
"Good on you Mens' groups. By the way, do they think their daughters are going to be proud of the fact their fathers ignored basic evolutionary science (that children need their mother and that mothers are chemically wired to be the most empathetic and self sacrificing parent) to get his own way?
"HAHAHAHAHA.
"My father recently expressed sadness that we were forced into such a contact arrangement. I appreciate that he loves me and did what he thought was best but we both agree that it was the wrong way to handle the situation. You know what I would have loved? Visits! My dad coming to me! I would have loved him visiting me, picking me up and taking me shopping, or to the park, or out for lunch, or to the museum and me not having to miss what all my friends were having (a consistent childhood) in order to spend time with him.
"It was awful, just awful, being without my Mum and so far away from her. Even with a loving father, I felt like a huge piece of me was missing with out my Mother. I think all children feel the same way about their mothers (despite what the men's groups are trying to say).
"PLEASE! Listen to the children! Please!"
---

No comments:

Post a Comment