Wednesday 1 February 2012

Souffle Went Wrong

Since the dragon only enters on Feb 4, I thought I will bake some cheesecake souffle to welcome the dragon.  I had the inspiration for a souffle because I remember Calista Flockhart trying to bake one in Brothers and Sisters and Sally Field told her the secret is beating the eggs!  I beat my eggs till they are dead! In the oven they go and I was so impressed looking at them being baked in the oven.  Look at how beautiful they look rising up in the oven.  

Honestly, I was so excited and thought to myself not a bad attempt for a first timer.  Then the disaster happen when the oven goes 'ting'.  I opened up the oven door and slowly before my eyes, each souffle looks like some imaginary person is poking a pin into it!  They just deflate like a flat tyre!  :(
Now, it just looks like a flat portugese egg tart...



I will not attempt another round of souffle to welcome the dragon.  I think I will use the remaining cream cheese to make a cream cheese pound cake to welcome the dragon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment