Monday 23 January 2012

Chinese New Year - Welcome the Water Dragon

Yesterday mark the first day of the water dragon year.  I woke up feeling very homesick.  I went into youtube to look for some chinese new year songs to play but it just doesnt seem right without all the noise.  I then went into my FB and look at all the reunion dinner food and the floodgate opened up.  But as my friend put it, let it be a soul cleansing.  My brother then messaged me with the time where everyone would be gathered at my grandma's.  


Firstly, I am glad for technology.  Despite being unable to get home due to the idiotic LAW, I am glad I could still see my family and relatives.  I chatted with my grandma.  Even though I see her once a week on skype, her dementia makes her think that she only sees me once a year.  Kind of remind me of a toddler.  They dont know the difference between today, tomorrow and yesterday.  Despite that, she still remembers me...  


I was feeling really lonely once I logged off skype.  I had a chat with the water dragon. I was hoping the water  dragon will be like the water horse - our saviour and our friend.  At the same time, I told the water dragon to keep my grandma healthy so that I can at least see her one last time...


Today's blog, I will dedicate to the water dragon together with this picture I found in my friend's FB page.  It is a very nice picture of the dragon.  Shows strong characteristic but yet gentleness and humour in the eyes and smile. 





By the way, thank you water dragon for bringing me my first sugee cake order.  :)  More orders please!  Kong Hei Fatt Choy.  







1 comment: