Wednesday 18 January 2012

Will Someone Up there Please Listen

I have to live in NZ because the father of my son has put a non-removal order.  I cant take my son home even for a holiday.  To do so, I would need to apply to court, pay a bond to the court and then pay for my return ticket which is not more than 1 month but the whole cost of doing this is NZD10,000 or more.  Each time I want to go home I have to do this process until he turns 16.  Here, I get no support.  When I am sick, no one care for me.  When I am crying, no one lends me a shoulder to cry.  When I am lonely, no one puts aside their own interest and come and be with me and listen to me.  They will be with me on condition I listen to them.  Everyone has a piece of advice  but no one wants to listen to my heart.  What I feel is not important but what everyone else feels is important.  I have no more rights, not even the right to have my own feelings.


All in the name of the law.  My life will be that way.


God promises to listen, to deliver, to help  but everyday, it just seems bleaker.  My son will never know his Asian culture.  My parents will never have a chance to know my son.  By the time he is 16, my parents might not even be alive.  My grandmother will be dead.  I will just cry in my room because I am not allowed to attend her funeral with my son . Unless she can live till 110.


The law in NZ does not recognise the difference between a woman and a man.  We have different needs  and different emotional level.  No, it does not matter.  Nothing matters.  Everything is so cold.  Lawyers act according to the NZ law even though they feel it is unjust.  Judges are constrained by the law.


If there is someone out there/up there, please do something for us.  Please dont just cross your arms and sit back.



4 comments:

  1. Your grandma is already 97 years' old now? =O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, I just wanted you to know that I have been reading your blog and I feel for you. I'm not going to comment much but wanted you to know that I can always share my shoulder and ears, if you need me to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie. It's just the whole reality that Ryan may never know my home country until he is 16, Ryan will never get to attend any CNY that I get to experience at his young age, might not even get to attend any weddings or funeral because I cannot afford NZD10k or more to uplift the order each time I want to take him out.

    ReplyDelete