Saturday 21 January 2012

Sugee Cake

I make this sugee cake to usher in the dragon year which begins tomorrow.  Sugee cake is a soft butter cake made with semolina flour and a high concentration of eggs.  For this cake, I use 6 eggs!  It is a dessert served in Eurasian, Malay and Chinese cuisine.  It is quite a common cake served during Chinese New Year.  For this cake, I added almond powder and topped it with almond slivers. 
Straight out of the oven


The inside of the cake
Although it is rich (lots of eggs and butter), it is quite light for eating.  It does not fill you up and is good with chinese tea over some chit chat session.  It is a no frill cake.  :)


I have decided to sell this cake to help me pay my bills and overdue lawyer fees... :(   so if you are one of my readers in New Zealand, please forward my brochure below.  Thank you.  

3 comments:

  1. May be Mama can start selling online to overseas customers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Didnt Debbie says that Jenny's cake house sells them

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Jenny's cake house only sells within Penang I thought =S

    ReplyDelete