Saturday 28 January 2012

Conversation With God

I was given the Conversation with God series as a birthday gift.  It is a very powerful book but I do ask - how do we know it is really God that is speaking to us?  I do get little voice telling me stuff too but I am not sure whether it is God or just my conscience...


If it is God, then I will definitely be the 'odd' one out in my thinking.


With my situation, I keep asking, praying to God for enlightenment and discernment.  Over and over again, I keep getting affirmation that I am not wrong in wanting to move on with my son without further involvement from the ex-husband while the rest of the world, the law, psychologist thinks it is better for the child if it is co-parenting.  


This voice gave me an example.  It says that when a woman marries a man, she becomes his missus so she becomes Mrs X.  They become one body.  And when they have a child, the child is a product of their union which means man, woman and child is one body.  They become one complete body and no longer 3 separate entities.  Therefore, when one of the member of the body walks out, which in my case, if the husband choose to walk out, he is not only walking on me.  He is walking out of the body - the body that is him, myself and our child.  So when I felt that I cannot fathom how the court can say that although my husband walked out on me, he didnt walk out on the child.  We are all one body, not 3 separate entity!  


I asked God and said that I want a better example.  This little voice really gave me a simple example.  The voice says - Imagine your left hand tells your body, you are not pretty, you are not fun.  I want to be amputated and be on my own to have some fun.  But after amputation, the left hand realised that if misses right hand because life with right hand is fun even though body is not fun.  Could the left hand actually do that medically?  Would the body accept left hand's temporary involvement and would right hand prefer to have left hand there on a 'as and when' basis?  Or would it be better for the body to accept that the left hand is gone and the right hand then compensate for the missing left hand?  


I still have trouble accepting that God or my little voice can have such 'ridiculous' discernment.  I wanted example from the Bible!  And strange enough my son turned on the Bible CD and it talked about Adam and Eve.   Later, I turned the bible and it opened up the page "When a man divorces his wife, he is causing her to commit adultery".  I was like "What does that mean?"  The little voice says "The current law and humankind has allowed many things to happen on their own need and no longer the law of nature."  We say that we want to shield our child from abusers, pedophile but we do not shield our child from wrongdoings.  We are now exposing to our child that it is OK to walk out when the going gets tough, when you dont feel like trying anymore.  Just walk out and it is OK.  There is no repercussion for doing that.  It is also OK to put your own need ahead of anyone else's.  Love thyself and everyone else comes second.  I guess those who strongly believe in the Book 1 of Conversation with God will say this is exactly what God says "The best Love is a self - centered love'.  But my voice says "the Bible says Love your Neighbour as you would love yourself"  


So, I guess a different God spoke to me compared to the God that spoke to Neale Donald Walsch?  Or is it just our own conscience and upbringing speaking?


3 comments: