Monday 30 January 2012

The Idiotic Thing Called THE LAW and My Life

Today, I decided to take a bold step and approach a chinese grocery shop asking them whether could I bake 20 sugee cupcakes and leave it at their shop to sell.  If after 2 days, it is unsold, I will take it back.  There is no loss to them at all.  But they said they were told that they can only ready made food items if the cook/baker has a certificate of health compliance!  I told them I am just a stay at home single mum who wants to make some extra cash of $30/week.  But unfortunately the say the LAW says that they can only sell food stuff with compliance.  To get the certificate, I need to have a registered business!  I am not running a business, just want to earn some money for grocery.  Even that, I am bounded by this thing called the LAW.  


My dream is to be a stay at home mother until my son starts school and I am trying my best to achieve my dream but I seem to be STUCK by the LAW.  I cant go home because the LAW says NO, so I try to sell cakes in shops but the LAW also requires certificate of health compliance and a registered business.  


So, I try to approach an ex-company which was the small company I had worked for previously and I know the boss allows working from home.  But what did I get - Err... Your ex-husband is a client of ours and are you able to put aside your differences and treat him as a client when he is your client and not a client when he is not?  I thought to myself, if I say Yes, then I am lying and the boss must be stupid if he believes my lie so I might as well be honest and say Yes, there will be slight conflict of interest.  And in return I get, your ex-husband is an important client.  So I get the message.  


New Zealand is a pathetically small country and the economy is so localised! How am I going to practice engineering without crossing path with my ex-husband's project sometime down the road?  Can the stupid NZ LAW see what it has done to my life.  I cant work in my field of practice and I cant work out of my field of practice.  


Oh my goodness New Zealand law, please tell me what do you expect me to do.  I cant go home, because of the LAW unless I give up my child, I cant work as a baker to earn some money because I dont have a registered business to earn that certificate, I cant really go back to my line of work because of conflict of interest in this small population with localised business instead of international business and then the LAW also says that the man does not need to provide alimony/maintenance or ensure that she has a roof over her head. 


It's almost like a dictator country telling me I need to stay and to survive, I need to re-train myself for another profession!  


Please someone out there or up there or anywhere, if you are able to help me out, please do.  There is just so much determination one can have.  

4 comments:

  1. If I do that, I will lose my child forever. One month is a lifetime in a toddler's calendar. He will be brainwashed enough to not even know me as his mother.
    There's no such thing as they cant handle. There's always nanny. I dont want my child growing up being cared for by a nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alamak! =O I never thought of so many hurdles before this =S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess until you are thrown into a situation, you do not think that far.

    ReplyDelete