Wednesday 25 January 2012

East meet West 'Lap Cheong' (chinese sausage)

My son loves sausages so I thought since it's chinese new year, I will try to make my own version of lap cheong.  I looked around and found this packet of dried collagen sausage casing with provided strings to tie the lap cheong.  I remember a friend suggested to add some sticky rice with my minced meat mixture to bind the meat properly though I dont really think it is necessary but I did it to give it the effect of 'fat' instead of real meat fat.  :)  So here is my version of a westernised lap cheong.  :)


Lean minced meat for healthier option. Notice the rice?

Stuffing the casing with the meat - yuckiest part of the process

A stuffed casing

Tied to make smaller pieces.

Those meat only fill up 2 casings!

Being grilled in the oven instead of deep drying

My lap cheong pieces  :)
It is not exactly the best looking but it sure tastes yummy and much healthier as I know what meat I put in it and not oily at all.  

7 comments: